Monday, August 23, 2010

I Am Tickled Pink

I have been blogging for a long time.  I began over at Homeschool Blogger and moved over here to Blogger about 3 years ago.  I write for me, for my friends and for my family.
I write to help other homeschoolers.  I write also because, deep down, I am a writer.

I have made a conscious effort this year to get out there a little more in the blogosphere and I have made some good friends out here.  But it is a dear, IRL, friend, fellow homeschooler, blogger and writer who passed on to me not one but TWO awards today.  I am grateful and I am thrilled.  Thank you Lori, you are awesome.

Lori had 2 great blogs, Hearthside Homeschool Reviews as well as her personal blog, Not So Superwoman.

I was so happy to see her post that she had received some awards today and then to come to the end of her post to see that she, in turn, had awarded them to me just about made my day.

As part of the Sunshine Award, I am to share 7 things with you all and then pass it on to 7 bloggers. For the Beautiful Blogger Award, I am to share 7 more things and then pass it on to no more than 15 bloggers. Seven alone will have to do since I really need to work on making supper.  Besides, no one really wants to read 14 things about me.

So here goes, things about me....
1. I have a thing about the perfect coffee mug for every morning.  My current favorites are my Tinkerbell mug   and the one that says "Somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace".

2. I am a cat person though I have had dogs I loved.

3. I would open a used bookstore/coffeeshop and live in it faster than Grant took Richmond given the chance.

4. I entertain dreams of a little house on the Maine shore, near a lighthouse where I can write.

5. I still think my husband is the greatest guy in the world after 18 years.

6. I am unutterably grateful to have homeschooled my girls this far and I look forward to the last few years.

7. I long to take an RV coast to coast with my family and explore this great nation.

I am passing on the Sunshine Award to some bloggers I have known, learned from and enjoyed for years.
1. Susan Wise Bauer at The History of the (Whole) World
2. Lori Seaborg@ Freely Educate
5. Jessica@ Everyday Rebel
6. Gina@ Fantasy Casting (because it is one of my favorite games)
7. Laurie @ Honduras Gumbo

The Beautiful Blogger Awards are going to a few other blogs that really are, to me expressions of the beautiful people who write them.
3. Angelina@ Permanent Things
5. Glowing Girl@Sugar Tails

Lori August 23, 2010 at 6:06 PM

#3. Me too. In fact, that is my answer to what would you do if you became a multi-millionaire. And the bookstore would have it's own cat, ala Annie Darling.

Jessica August 23, 2010 at 11:46 PM

I really connected to your post. Many of the things you wrote could have been written by me. I hope you make some of your hopes and dreams come true!

Meghan August 24, 2010 at 7:43 AM

Thanks for joining in the Hip Homeschool Mom's / Hop! We are excited to have you each week! I just love your blog!

Meghan
www.thetuckerstaketennessee.com
www.facebook.com/hiphomeschoolmoms

Janet Rose August 24, 2010 at 7:57 AM

If given the chance I would open a little bakery. One always has to have a dream. Hope you have a good school year.

Amy August 24, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Stopping by to say "Hi" from the Hip Homeschool Hop! Have a blessed day!

Ashley Pichea August 24, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Congrats on the awards! How fun to have fellow bloggers recognize you for great content and community! :)

Annette August 24, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Saying hello from hip homeschool hop. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Cheryl August 24, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Thank you for the BB award, Lizzie. Many of my dreams coincide with yours. Funny how that works.

Kimarie @ The Cardamom's Pod August 24, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Stopping by the the Hip Homeschool Hop - your cat in the bag picture made me snort! :-D

Dorkys Ramos August 24, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Congrats on the awards and for being so dedicated to homeschooling your girls. Your note about your husband was so sweet :)

Traci Michele August 25, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Congrats! Thank you for sharing! Come by tomorrow, I'm having a Master Books Giveaway! Great homeschooling options!

Love,
Traci

Katie Gates August 25, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Congrats on your award and here's the take-away line for me:
"2. I am a cat person though I have had dogs I loved."
I've never heard my own sentiments stated so succinctly. Given the choice, I'd always pick a cat over a dog, but if a dog were the only pet I could have, I'd quickly become a "dog person." (provided the dog doesn't lick my face! EWW!)

TerriG August 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Thanks for the award. I'm with you on #7.

citymouse August 27, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I love #5: I still think my husband is the greatest guy in the world after 18 years. That's just plain awesome.