I have been blogging for a long time. I began over at Homeschool Blogger and moved over here to Blogger about 3 years ago. I write for me, for my friends and for my family.
I write to help other homeschoolers. I write also because, deep down, I am a writer.
I have made a conscious effort this year to get out there a little more in the blogosphere and I have made some good friends out here. But it is a dear, IRL, friend, fellow homeschooler, blogger and writer who passed on to me not one but TWO awards today. I am grateful and I am thrilled. Thank you Lori, you are awesome.
Lori had 2 great blogs, Hearthside Homeschool Reviews as well as her personal blog, Not So Superwoman.
I was so happy to see her post that she had received some awards today and then to come to the end of her post to see that she, in turn, had awarded them to me just about made my day.
As part of the Sunshine Award, I am to share 7 things with you all and then pass it on to 7 bloggers. For the Beautiful Blogger Award, I am to share 7 more things and then pass it on to no more than 15 bloggers. Seven alone will have to do since I really need to work on making supper. Besides, no one really wants to read 14 things about me.
So here goes, things about me....
1. I have a thing about the perfect coffee mug for every morning. My current favorites are my Tinkerbell mug and the one that says "Somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace".
2. I am a cat person though I have had dogs I loved.
3. I would open a used bookstore/coffeeshop and live in it faster than Grant took Richmond given the chance.
4. I entertain dreams of a little house on the Maine shore, near a lighthouse where I can write.
5. I still think my husband is the greatest guy in the world after 18 years.
6. I am unutterably grateful to have homeschooled my girls this far and I look forward to the last few years.
7. I long to take an RV coast to coast with my family and explore this great nation.
I am passing on the Sunshine Award to some bloggers I have known, learned from and enjoyed for years.
1. Susan Wise Bauer at The History of the (Whole) World
2. Lori Seaborg@ Freely Educate
3. Jenny@ Home is Where You Start From
4. Terri @Accidentally Homeschooling
5. Jessica@ Everyday Rebel
6. Gina@ Fantasy Casting (because it is one of my favorite games)
7. Laurie @ Honduras Gumbo
The Beautiful Blogger Awards are going to a few other blogs that really are, to me expressions of the beautiful people who write them.
1. Jean@ Shades of White
2. Cheryl@ Deckside Thoughts
3. Angelina@ Permanent Things
4. Lisa@ Life Among the Living5. Glowing Girl@Sugar Tails