Friday, July 23, 2010

Five Question Friday

It's been awhile since I played on this one so here goes!  If you want to play,  head on over to Mama M's, My Little Life and link up!

1. What were your school colors?
Our school colors over at BHS were red and white and our mascot was one of   those, now politically incorrect Indians.  We had the now politically incorrect team name, the Red Raiders.  Incidentally, I have never, ever looked good in red.  A nice navy blue would have suited me better.

2. What's the best compliment you ever received?
My grandfather once wrote that he was proud of me.  I can't tell you how much of a long time coming that one had been.   And I really love when people compliment my writing.

3. Do you buy cheap or expensive toilet paper?
Cheap, recycled, good for the planet, not quite as bad as leaves on your butt stuff from Trader Joes.  I love it.  I can't abide fluffy, perfumed, lint filled, sissy paper nor can I bring myself to pay for such, if you'll pardon the pun, crap.

4. Have you ever had a surprise party thrown for you? Or have you had one for someone else?
No for which I am entirely grateful.   I can't think of anything I would like less that to be surprised with a party.  Not really the party girl type.  I did pull off one for my husband back in college that went over really well.  With enough Jack Daniels he was up for anything.

5. What is one material possession that you "can't live without"?
Tough call, but equally divided between my smart-phone, (more fondly known as my smart-ass phone), my Nook and my computer.  I would be pretty devastated to not have any of those things around.

Di July 23, 2010 at 8:59 AM

I can't wait to get my own "Smart-ass" phone! I have to wait til January though!

Laurie July 23, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I like this post. Don't have time to write one like it this morning. Like your answers on thing you couldn't live without. I don't have a smart phone, but I am sorely tempted as Honduras is finally getting some good deals on the BLACKBERRY. All other smart phones that are used here are hacked to work here.

Belle's Butterfly July 23, 2010 at 9:25 AM

We have a ton of now non politically correct Indian mascots in this area. Warriors, Redskins, you name it, it's here. I was a Pegasus unfortunatly. How tough is a flying horse that doesn't actaully exist? Haha.

Mommy Mayonnaise July 23, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I can't live without my Blackberry too. But if I have to choose only one thing, then my glasses will be on top of the list (lol)

Thanks for commenting on my blog

Greetings
Risma

Angie July 23, 2010 at 10:44 AM

I guess most of us bloggers would say computer :) I can't live with out my laptop!
Stopping by from BMBF!

Lori July 23, 2010 at 10:47 AM

I will hopefully be joining in on this later this afternoon, but had to say that I love the soft, sissy toilet paper and can't abide the thin, tears when you wipe your butt so you end up with your hand in crap cheap stuff. :-p ;-)

My bum is too precious for that. Snort.

I'll have to be thinking on the compliment one, nothing is jumping out at me. (which is good, cause I'd probably scream).

JIll July 23, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I would have to agree about not liking suprise parties. I was not that happy when I walked into mine.

dustinnikki July 23, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Hi! I'm your newest follower from Boost My Blog Friday! I know I couldn't live without my computer!

DustinNikki Mommy of Three