Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Barnstable County Fair Day 2

We had a great day today.  We worked in the 4H kitchen and we were working from the  minute we got there.  Turns out the self proclaimed "Kitchen Witch" is a lot like me and having proved our willingness to work, we got along great.  Her husband, bless his heart was also a delight.  We met new people and the girls learned how to work a counter and their way around a retail kitchen.

Jenny was in heaven, she would have worked that counter all day and with her cheery smile and her, "have a nice day, thank you for supporting 4H", she was adorable.  Rowan worked the hot dog station, very busy spot and today I was really proud of them.  After our shift we walked about for a bit and indulged our love of photography and then we were quite glad to head home and relax.

Blossom July 20, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Nice photos...love that flower (?) with the bee on it. We have our fair coming up next week but we will miss it :( both of my kids have things going into it too!

BECKY July 20, 2010 at 11:27 PM

What a fun day! Love the pictures, too!

The Blonde Duck July 21, 2010 at 6:03 PM

I love the picture with the baby chick. It looks so fun!

And I love how you're an ad-free blog. It seems like so many blogs nowdays are all about the money, and not about the connections!

Melissa B. July 22, 2010 at 8:02 AM

I've always loved the fair. And your kids are in 4H? Good for them! SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

Grace July 22, 2010 at 9:57 AM

How did the bread pudding turn out?

citymouse July 23, 2010 at 7:53 AM

I love your photo with your daughter and the chick. It's excellent and would be awesome as the cover of a note card.

We have a local wheat threshermen's group around here that has a summer event every year. When I was a teen, one of the groups I belonged to always worked the kitchen. It was always hot and sweaty but it was fun and I have a lot of fond memories of those summers. It was fun reading your post and remembering them.

mae July 23, 2010 at 12:13 PM