Saturday, June 5, 2010

Photos Post-Storm

I awoke to massive thunderstorms.  I got my coffee and Rowan and I sat on the staircase until the worst of it was over, doing a crossword.  Meanwhile the dog barked at every clap of thunder (incessantly) and the cats hid under the bed more in terror of the dog than the storm.  Eventually the sun broke through and I went to open the window.
Looking out, the sun was reflecting off the raindrops on the foliage in the front garden and I ran for my camera.  So beautiful.

April June 5, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Those photos are amazing!

PJ June 5, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Hey Lizzie! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your blog too! I would give anything if I could take photographs like you! I wanted to say I really like the quote about the bookcases! We have a house with very small rooms, and in my bedroom, I have room only enough for one bookcase. I keep asking my hubby to build me some wall shelves all the way around my room, and he just groans! LOL! I have got books strowed everywhere. Pretty soon, I'm gonna have to hang them from the ceiling!. Hmmmm. That's an idea! LOL!

I'm glad you like my blog. I hope you will continue coming back.

God Bless!

PJ

GlowinGirl June 5, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Lovely, lovely! Isn't it beautiful to see what God can make from a storm?

beachrose June 5, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Those photos are amazing!!!!! It was a beautiful storm this morning. I thought it sounded so close turns out a house not far from ours was set on fire by the lighting. Scary!

Sandy June 6, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Beautiful! Such beauty in something so simple.

Lisa June 6, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Hey Liz,
Beautiful photos! One of my favorite times to take photos is after a storm... the light is wonderful!
This storm came through here at 8am and woke me up.. I lay in bed enjoying the thunder sounds.
Hope you are enjoying the weekend...round two of storms will be here later today!

Arti June 6, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Hi Lizzie,
Great!! pics are awesome..
the scene after a storm is so enchanting!!!

mbkatc230 June 6, 2010 at 10:26 AM

These are just beautiful. The detail and color are gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by, glad you enjoyed my little attempt at story telling. Kathy

Motherly June 6, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Hi Lizzie,
Thanks for stopping by Motherly Law. Isn't SITS great! These pictures are amazing! How do you get such detail? You have beautiful girls and an interesting site!

Thanks, Anna from Motherly Law

Debbie in Nashville June 6, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Beautiful photos! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful Sunday afternoon.

Cheryl June 6, 2010 at 11:58 AM

These are wonderful. I've never tried this post-storm. Gonna try this if the sun ever comes out after this round of storms!

Sunday June 6, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Those photos are absolutely beautiful! We have had stormy weather all around us for almost 4 days but every time it fizzles out before it gets to our house.

unfortunately I am almost positive that next weekend when my hubby and I are doing the ACS Relay for Life it will pour buckets!

Kim June 6, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Thanks so much for participating in our Wednesday's Wordless Worship at Living in Love with Jesus. I LOVE the picture you shared. Awesome!

Jessica Anne June 6, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Amazing photos! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Have a great weekend!

JDaniel4's Mom June 6, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I love the up close view of the water droplets.

Linda June 6, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Hi Lizzie, Thanks for your comment. Your pictures sure are beautiful. I love them all. Thank you for your visit.
Phills Stuff is this old looking store on the other side of town with lots of stuff. A real fun place to be.
Seize the day is one of my favorite quotes too.

ali @ an ordinary mom June 6, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Such pretty water drops on such vibrant green!

Kristin @ Ellie-Town June 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Wow, those pictures are beautiful!

I also love the pictures of your daughters on the right. You can get such an idea of their personalities just from those two shots!

Thanks for stopping by Ellie-Town. :)

The Simply Luxurious Life June 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM

A wonderful way to take in Mother Nature's roars - with loved ones involved in mind required activities.
Thank you so much for stopping by!

BabyMommaBlog June 6, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Wow!!! These are great pics! I love thunderstorms but after what I saw the storm did in the NE...I might have been under the bed with the cats! lol Sad :(

Amanda {My Life Badly Written} June 7, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Those pictures are amazing! The green is so vivid it almost looks fake - mother nature at her finest!!

Fabulous!

babalisme June 7, 2010 at 7:22 AM

macro shots are always interesting! the best capture in life is the smallest thing of the world! Fancy that!

Green Monkey June 7, 2010 at 7:37 AM

looking deeply at something simple, small...

wonderful images!

Jen June 7, 2010 at 7:40 AM

Awesome photos!! Thanks for visiting my site!

Hello! I'm Kate. June 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM

These are beautiful! Thanks for stopping by Mommy Monologues!

Aging Mommy June 7, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Beautiful photos - I really have got to get a new camera, but even when I do I doubt I will be capable of photos this good! Thanks for stopping by today to say Hi from SITS!

Amanda @ Serenity Now June 7, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Your photos are gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for the visit today. :)

Melissa (@adventuroo) June 7, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Wow that last photo is just amazing! Love the detail of the raindrops.

Katie Gates June 8, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Lizzie, I'm glad you stopped by my blog, as that led me to yours. Awesome photos, and I also just read your "Extracurriculars" post. Wow, such similar and wonderful childhoods. Among the places that fostered my sister's and my creativity was Truro, where my grandparents had a house on the dunes. The family would drive up there from VA every June for 2 weeks, and the activities -- which never included TV and rarely involved the radio -- were unending! I envy that you live on the Cape. It's a wondrous place. BTW, about a year ago, I decided to buy a bunch of CDs to replicate the collection of albums my parents had. Among them, Camelot, The Unsinkable Molly Brown (Tammy Grimes version), My Fair Lady (Rex and Julie), etc. In our house, that was the Sunday soundtrack. I'm following and I'll return!

Melissa B. June 8, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Love these! The contrast of the bright green, the lines etched in the leaves and the water droplets are unusual and beautiful. Bravo!

Kassie June 9, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Midlife Jobhunter June 10, 2010 at 3:37 AM

Indeed beautiful. Tiny droplets, freshening the green. Beautiful.