Sunday, June 13, 2010

Chappaquoit Island

I love tidal flats.  The certain evidence of tidal flow left in sand striations.  I love the smell and the anticipation of the next great find from the girls.  Starfish and snails, hermit crabs and tiny minnows.  Shells and egg cases, beach glass and pebbles all too soon hidden again from view as the tide inexorably flows back to cover them again.

Rob June 13, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Stopping in from SITS. Great pictures! Happy Sunday!

KarmaPearl June 13, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Beautiful pictures! Stopped by from SITS!

Heather June 13, 2010 at 9:08 AM

I love the ocean. I love the beach. I live in Iowa. I don't think I could get much more landlocked if I tried. It stinks. I will live vicariously through your beautiful pictures. :)

Have a great day!
Stopping by from SITS!

Laurie June 13, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Great pictures. I need to dig up old photos of Grande Isle, where my family went for day trips in Louisiana back in the day before BP muck rolled in. The whole island is closed unless you are media, Coast Guard, or BP. Very sad day for Louisiana. Enjoy your favorite beach before it's too late.

Erin Wallace June 13, 2010 at 3:07 PM

I wish we lived near the ocean. Your pictures are so nice! Thank you for your super kind comments and the follow - will follow you back!

xo Erin

Melissa G. June 13, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I'm visiting from the LENS photo challenge. I couldn't find a place to leave a comment on that entry so i'm leaving one here. =) Your entry was beautiful!

Christina Lee June 14, 2010 at 8:11 AM

YES!! These look familiar. This is all we do when on the Florida beaches!

Linda Ruthie June 14, 2010 at 10:14 AM

I found you through 'I'm a New England Blogger!'. I also homeschool my son and I immediately felt a connection to you. I'm your newest follower and I'll be back to read more.

Arti June 14, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I also love to collect shells,pebbles etc whenever I am by the seaside..
These pics are so beautiful, You capture them so beautifully!
Great work!

Theresa June 14, 2010 at 1:17 PM

What gorgeous pictures!! They make me realize how much I would LOVE a vacation!!

Thanks for visiting me!
Theresa
www.full-time-job.blogspot.com

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud June 14, 2010 at 2:43 PM

What a great post. Having grown up in Hawaii, I love the beach. These were great photos. I'm a little homesick now.
Thanks for stopping by my place. Hope to see you again soon. Have a great day.

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud June 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM

PS Following you via Google Friend Connect!

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama

Midlife Jobhunter June 14, 2010 at 8:13 PM

I have my youngest son at college orientation and had hoped to go the beach for a couple days afterward. However, the oil spill has ended the possibility for a first time view of the sugar sand beaches. I hope they're not ruined forever.

Oh, and I'm jealous. Read your previous post. You brush your hair when you get up in the morning? Puts me to shame.

Lisa June 15, 2010 at 6:34 PM

hi, thanks for stopping by my blog!

I used to love hunting for special shells and petoskey stones Up North when I was young. It's amazing how beautiful some shells are!

Melissa G. June 15, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Yay! You did win the LENS photo challenge! Congrats!

Heckety June 16, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Your photos are lovely- they really demonstrate the beauty of a beach!