Saturday, June 12, 2010

Apparently, I am doing it all wrong.

I was out and about in the blogosphere this morning and came across a post lamenting the regimen the writer had to follow on arising in the morning.  I started to panic.  She is 4 years younger than I and is using all these products I have never even heard of and apparently does this every morning!

I was horrified.
Am I supposed to be using all these things at my age?
Do I look so awful in the morning that it would send me screaming to my bathroom cabinet for instant help?

Do I just not SEE how awful I look because I don't put my glasses on until I am off the computer in the morning?

I feel like she is using some female secret code for which I never got a key.
She wrote, " wrinkle cream, brown spot cream, moisturizer, puffy eye cream, dark circle cream, cellulite cream, stretch mark cream and sunblock."  I have heard of exactly 2 of these things.    My little sister would know what they are.  She doesn't need any of them, she has the nerve to be stunning falling out of bed in the morning, but she would probably know what they were. I have no idea.

My beauty regimen in the morning consists of deodorant, re-brushing my ponytail back into order and heading for coffee.  Coffee may not make me beautiful on the outside but it sure does improve my disposition on the inside.  My evening regime involves hot water splashed on my face, witch hazel afterward, smooshing on the moisturizer du jour and brushing my teeth.

Apparently, I am doing it all wrong.

Holyoke Home June 12, 2010 at 10:01 AM

No no no no!!!!

Not doing it wrong!

You do what works for you. Keep doing it. Being a product whore works for me, so that's what I do. Don't 'yuck' your 'yum!'

MeCassieMarie June 12, 2010 at 2:01 PM

I see what you mean. I'm pretty much a shower, a little bit of frizz spray, and out the door kind of person. Although, I really do see the point in moisturizer and sunblock... I don't use it. FAIL.

Oh well, do what works. You'll probably have some extra money not buying tons of products.

That picture, is HILARIOUS!

Drama queens mum (Kimberly) June 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, I use all those things, but they're not working so much. haha.

Katie Gates June 12, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Hmm... I wouldn't let someone else's regimen intimidate me. I say sit back, enjoy your coffee, and embrace the time you're spending not putting stuff on your face!

Lori June 12, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Nah, you is bea-u-ti-ful all bys yourself. :-) Although I wouldn't give up the coffee routine. ;-)

Domestic and Damned June 13, 2010 at 9:56 AM

If you're doing it wrong, then I'm a tree stump. I have many cups of coffee and only if I'm leaving the house do I do much else.

Came from WOW writer's forum.

Jem June 13, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Well if you don't normally do much, than on those special occasions when you are going out and make an extra effort you really wow everyone! I think that we need to leave room for improvement.

Theresa June 14, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Well, if you are doing it wrong, than I am REALLY doing it wrong. At least you do the moisturizer thing at night. I usually do not. With 3 little ones, I count the day a success if I am able to get a shower at SOME point in the day. I figure that is good! :)

Do what works for you! Life understands! :)